Is a coding bootcamp worth it?
Learning to code is an incredibly challenging and rewarding journey. Just like most things these days, you can learn to code online for free. But it’s not always the most efficient way. Joining a coding bootcamp is the fastest way to learn to code, but it requires a financial investment. Is that investment worth it for you? Follow our infographic to ask yourself the real honest questions to find out.
1. Have you already tried learning to code online for free?
2. When coding, did you enjoy the challenge of problem solving and figuring it out?
3. What is your GOAL for learning to code?
4. If your goal is to…
- Become a Junior dev – Are you prepared to take on a very competitive job search, and to commit >1 year in the trenches at an entry level salary?
- Become a Freelancer – Are you prepared to secure clients, negotiate rates, be your own boss, and learn new technologies that are required for each project?
- Augment your current career prospects – continue to Question 5.
- If you don’t know, schedule a 10 minute instructor call with us and we’ll help you suss out your real reason for wanting change.
5. Are you prepared to dedicate serious time + the hard work necessary to gain professional-level qualifications? (3-6 months minimum)
6. Are you prepared to continuously learn new technologies on your own, after the course is over?
7. Do you need more support to achieve your desired skill level?
8. Are you financially prepared to pay tuition + living expenses during & after the bootcamp?
If you answered YES to the above questions, investing in a coding bootcamp could be worth it to propel you to the next level.
If you want to figure out if Java or Python is the right language for you, schedule a 10 minute call to get free guidance from our team.