Learn how to use GitHub & Git like the pros
Learn crucial skills that everyone uses
Git is the defacto standard for version control. GitHub is the defacto standard for sharing your work with the world, and collaborating with peers.
That’s why having a comfortable working knowledge of Git & GitHub is critical as a software developer – whether you’re backing up your personal projects, collaborating with a small team, or working with dozens of engineers at SpaceX.
Build your online portfolio
If your goal is to get a job as a developer, employers will analyze your GitHub profile as a measuring stick for your competency.
Take a look at these two GitHub profile timelines. Who would you hire?
Start building your “GitHub greens” now to show that you’re a proactive and motivated coder.
Participate in open-source development
GitHub is the center of global open-source development and collaboration.
In addition to sharing your own portfolio projects, learn how to collaborate with your peers and contribute to open-source projects. This is an excellent way to gain experience and impress potential employers.
By the end of this course you’ll be able to:
- Collaborate effectively with professional software developers around the world.
- Create and manage your own Git & GitHub repositories.
- Manage complex projects, branches, versions, histories and more.
- Clone and work with more than 100 Million remote repositories.
- Participate in open-source development using Forks and Pull Requests.
- Hit the ground running on Day 1 as a software developer.
Let’s be friends