Love to code? Love to travel? This could be your dream job.
NOW HIRING software engineering instructors. See below for details on how to apply.
CodingNomads’ mission is to enhance the quality of people’s lives by enabling affordable access to quality software engineering education, and international travel. We believe that learning to code, and traveling the world, each have the ability to change lives for the better. Software developers gain access to a thriving global job market, attaining economic mobility and geographic flexibility. Travel makes us more adaptable and well-rounded by exposing us to different cultures, people, and experiences. By combining travel with education, we enable our students, as well as our staff, to further their careers while thoroughly enjoying life.
Our ideal teammate
We seek software engineering instructors who share our passion for sharing knowledge, enjoying life, and traveling the world while doing it. Our instructors must be self-starting, meticulously dedicated to the success of each student, and able to roll with the punches that arise in foreign environments.
With our team distributed around the world, instructors have a high level of freedom and ownership in leading courses. As such, we share the profits of each course with instructors to reward the dedication and leadership required by this role. CodingNomads embraces diversity. If you’ve got the skills and you’re keen to share them all over the world, we encourage you to apply.
Course structure and responsibilities
Our international coding bootcamps take place in coworking spaces around the world, so students and staff can enjoy the digital nomad lifestyle. Our typical courses run 12 weeks: 8 weeks in person, followed by 4 weeks online. Each course has a Lead and Assistant Instructor who share responsibility for delivering a productive and rewarding training course. Our courses run Monday – Friday, with Lead and Assistant Instructors available to students 40 hours per week.
Our instructors also act as CodingNomads’ boots on the ground, and provide as-needed local support to students while on the road. Students are responsible for coordinating their own activities, but our staff regularly participates in and helps plan group activities to enhance the overall experience for all.
Current Openings: Lead Instructor
- Guide students through the learning process, step by step from beginner to confident coder
- Create and revise learning goals, class curriculum, lab exercises and more
- Communicate effectively and empathetically with students
- Facilitate daily lesson plans and lectures on complex and relevant topics
- Facilitate daily coding challenges and code reviews
- Teach big picture concepts and the small implementation details that will help students succeed on the job
- A passion for sharing knowledge
- 4-7 years of industry experience as a software engineer
- Demonstrable core knowledge of one or more of the following languages:
- English fluency (all classes are currently taught in English)
- You must be able to clearly communicate complex topics in a simple manner – while making it as fun and enjoyable as possible
- You must be open to and excited about spending multiple months in international locations
- Demonstrable teaching experience
- Excellent attitude
- Self starter
- World travel experience
If you want to travel and teach coding, we want to hear from you. Please send a brief email detailing your experience as a software engineer and why you’d like to share your skills as an instructor at CodingNomads to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll take it from there. We hope to hear from you!