INTRODUCTION AND ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
These General Terms and Conditions are valid for each attendee (“student”) registered for a CodingNomads online course and/or CodingNomads dedicated personal mentorship (hereafter referred to as “the course” or “the courses”).
The course will take place solely online, using CodingNomads’ online learning platform (http://platform.codingnomads.co/) and use various tools such as IDEs, Git & GitHub, Slack and others.
- CodingNomads online courses are hosted on CodingNomads online learning platform, which has all course documentation, pre-recorded video lectures, and assignments to complete on your schedule.
- CodingNomads dedicated personal mentorship is purchased separately from the course, and provided on a month-to-month basis. One month of mentorship includes a minimum of four (4) one-on-one live mentor video sessions and unlimited online support through email, chat and our forum.
- Students are strongly encouraged to reach out regularly and often so as to learn as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- While enrolled in CodingNomads mentorship program, student will have weekly scheduled 1:1 mentor meetings. These mentor sessions will be scheduled for 60 minutes and arranged between student and mentor at the beginning of the course.
- Student will have access to contact our team of mentors anytime through chat, email and forum.
- Dedicated personal mentorship will commence after the first mentorship payment has been received.
- Dedicated personal mentorship will end after the 4th session of the last month that student submitted mentorship program payment.
CodingNomads reserves the right to postpone, relocate or change any of the mentor sessions in the case of unforeseen events or medical emergencies. In these unlikely cases we will communicate changes directly via email with students.
All payments will be processed in United States Dollars.
Billing. We use a third-party payment processor (the “Payment Processor”) to bill you through a payment account linked to your Account on the Services (your “Billing Account”) for use of the Paid Services. The processing of payments will be subject to the terms, conditions and privacy policies of the Payment Processor in addition to this Agreement. We are not responsible for error by the Payment Processor. By choosing to use Paid Services, you agree to pay us, through the Payment Processor, all charges at the prices then in effect for any use of such Paid Services in accordance with the applicable payment terms and you authorize us, through the Payment Processor, to charge your chosen payment provider (your “Payment Method”). You agree to make payment using that selected Payment Method. We reserve the right to correct any errors or mistakes that it makes even if it has already requested or received payment.
Payment Method. The terms of your payment will be based on your Payment Method and may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution, credit card issuer or other provider of your chosen Payment Method. If we, through the Payment Processor, do not receive payment from you, you agree to pay all amounts due on your Billing Account upon demand.
Recurring Billing. Some of the Paid Services may consist of an initial period, for which there is a one-time charge, followed by recurring period charges as agreed to by you. By choosing a recurring payment plan, you acknowledge that such Services have an initial and recurring payment feature and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to cancellation. We may submit periodic charges (e.g., monthly) without further authorization from you, until you provide prior notice (receipt of which is confirmed by us) that you have terminated this authorization or wish to change your payment method. Such notice will not affect charges submitted before we reasonably could act. To terminate your authorization or change your payment method, please contact your account representative or email CodingNomads at [email protected]
Current Information Required. For recurring payments, you must provide current, complete and accurate information for your billing account. You must promptly update all information to keep your billing account current, complete and accurate (such as a change in billing address, credit card number, or credit card expiration date), and you must promptly notify us or our payment processor if your payment method is canceled (e.g., for loss or theft) or if you become aware of a potential breach of security, such as the unauthorized disclosure or use of your user name or password. Changes to such information can be made by contacting your account representative or emailing [email protected] If you fail to provide any of the foregoing information, you agree that we may continue charging you for any use of paid services under your billing account unless you have terminated your paid services as set forth above.
Change in Amount Authorized. If the amount to be charged to your Billing Account varies from the amount you preauthorized (other than due to the imposition or change in the amount of state sales taxes), you have the right to receive, and we shall provide, notice of the amount to be charged and the date of the charge before the scheduled date of the transaction. Any agreement you have with your payment provider will govern your use of your Payment Method. You agree that we may accumulate charges incurred and submit them as one or more aggregate charges during or at the end of each billing cycle.
Auto-Renewal for Subscription Services. Unless you opt out of auto-renewal, which can be done by contacting your account representative or emailing [email protected], any Subscription Services you have signed up for will be automatically extended for successive renewal periods of the same duration as the subscription term originally selected, at the then-current non-promotional rate. To change or resign your Subscription Services at any time, contact your account representative or email [email protected] If you terminate a Subscription Service, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current term; your subscription will not be renewed after your then-current term expires. However, you won’t be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the subscription fee paid for the then-current subscription period.
Reaffirmation of Authorization. Your non-termination or continued use of a Paid Service reaffirms that we are authorized to charge your Payment Method for that Paid Service. We may submit those charges for payment and you will be responsible for such charges. This does not waive our right to seek payment directly from you. Your charges may be payable in advance, in arrears, per usage, or as otherwise described when you initially selected to use the Paid Service.
ADMISSION / ELIGIBILITY / EXPULSION
A student’s registration will not be valid until receipt and clearance of payment by CodingNomads. A confirmation and payment receipt will be sent by email once CodingNomads has received the fully completed application form and the related payments.
CodingNomads reserves the right in their sole discretion to accept, decline to accept, or remove any participant from a CodingNomads course at any time during the course period. CodingNomads reserves the right, without penalty, to make changes in the published itinerary whenever, in their judgment, conditions warrant or if they deem it necessary for the comfort, convenience, or safety of participants.
By registering for a CodingNomads course, the participant certifies that he/she does not have any mental, physical, or other condition or disability that would create a hazard for him/herself or other participants.
We reserve the right to expel any participant for any reason, including, but not limited to: lack of payment; inability to complete coursework assignments on time; if deemed necessary for the comfort, convenience or safety of the other participants, including if your behavior is deemed to cause or be likely to cause danger, distress or annoyance to other participants; if we reasonably determine your condition would adversely affect your health, safety or enjoyment of that of other participants; if we determine you have engaged in illegal actions.
It is our policy to assist participants with keeping up with coursework through instructor check-ins and personalized assistance. However if the participant demonstrates repeated inability to complete coursework assignments on time, we reserve the right to remove you from the course. If we must remove you from a course in progress due to inability to complete coursework assignments on time, your tuition will be refunded at a pro-rated amount, minus a cancellation fee of 10% of the full course cost.
If we remove you from a course in progress for any other reason, you will not be entitled to any refund, payment, compensation or credit of any kind for unused or missed services or costs incurred resulting from the termination of your participation. In the case of expulsion, you will be responsible for the course fees.
Cancellation of Purchase: Content + Forum
Students who purchase course content + forum access, and do not enroll in an intensive mentored program, may cancel their enrollment and request a refund within 48 hours of purchase. Registration cancellation and refund request must be made in writing to CodingNomads via [email protected] Refunds will be issued at the discretion of CodingNomads, and are not guaranteed.
Cancellation of Purchase: Intensive Mentored Programs
Receipt of cancellation:
- On or before 7 calendar days after payment: full refund minus any bank fees.
- After 7 days from your payment date, if you wish to terminate your services, you may use your mentorship services until the end of the current term month, and your service agreement will not be renewed after your then-current term expires. Students who enroll in, and pre-pay for, multiple months of an intensive mentored program may request a refund for the additional months paid for after the current month when the cancellation was made. However, students are not eligible for a pro-rated refund of any portion of the fee paid for the then-current monthly period. Partial refunds on a weekly basis are not issued. Partial fees for partial mentorship on a weekly basis are not permitted.
Registration cancellation must be made in writing to CodingNomads via [email protected] All refunds will be made within 60 days of the cancellation date. Student is responsible for any bank charges or fees involved with cancellation.
Cancellation / Rescheduling of Mentor Meetings: Intensive Mentored Programs
In order to create a consistent and productive schedule, our Intensive Mentored Program students choose a set time to meet with your mentor each week. Students may re-schedule one (1) mentor meeting per calendar month, provided that written notice is sent to the mentor at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.
If more than 1 meeting must be rescheduled per month, students and mentors should choose a new day and time that works for consistent weekly meetings.
If a student does not provide written notice and does not attend a scheduled mentor meeting, the meeting cannot be rescheduled.
Cancellation of the Course by CodingNomads
If the course cannot be held or is postponed due to events beyond the control of the organizers (force majeure, such as but not limited to a war, strike, riot, crime, flooding, earthquake, hurricane, volcanic eruption, etc.) or due to events which are not attributable to wrongful intent or gross negligence of the organizers, the organizers cannot be held liable by attendees for any damages (whether direct or indirect), costs, or losses incurred, including but not limited to financial losses, loss of profit, etc. Under these circumstances, the organizers reserve the right to either retain the registration fees or to reimburse the attendee after deducting costs already incurred for the organization of the course and which could not be recovered from third parties.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
A Certificate of Completion will be available via email after student completes the course. This includes completing and submitting all course assignments in entirety, and/or to the discretion of the course mentor.
The personal information provided by the participants will be held on a database. Credit card information will NOT be stored in this database, only in our third party payment processor’s database at the student’s discretion. The email addresses will be used to circulate details and announcement of the course, as well as future course and company news. Students may unsubscribe to CodingNomads email communications at any time. The data of the participants will not be given to a third party not related to the course. Participants who do not wish their email addresses to be used in the above described manner can ask CodingNomads to delete their personal information from the course database after course completion.
MATERIAL, IMAGE AND SOUND RECORDINGS
Creating copies, images and recordings of CodingNomads course material other than for private use are forbidden and are only permitted with the consent of the course host. The organizer may record mentor sessions for publication in its own material, in the general press, and in any manner and medium, whether now known or hereafter devised; and to alter and composite the same without restriction and without your inspection or approval. You hereby release and discharge us from and against any and all claims, liabilities, costs, damages and expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to the use by us of your image or likeness.
All Intellectual Property Rights in the course materials, online courses and the videos, resources, labs and example are, and remain, the intellectual property of CodingNomads, whether adapted, written for or customised for the Client or not.
You are not authorized to:-
(i) copy, modify, reproduce, re-publish, sub-licence, sell, upload, broadcast, post, transmit or distribute any of the Course Materials without prior written permission;
(ii) record on video or audio tape, relay by videophone or other means the Online Course or Taught Course given;
(iii) use the Course Materials in the provision of any other course or training whether given by us or any third party trainer;
(iv) remove any copyright or other notice of CodingNomads on the Course Materials;
(v) modify, adapt, merge, translate, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer (save to the extent permitted by law) any software forming part of the Online Courses.
Breach by you of this clause shall allow us to immediately terminate these terms and conditions with you and cease to provide you with any Services, including but not limited to access to the Online Courses.
In consideration of the Fees paid by you, we grant to you a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive licence to use the Course Materials and the software in respect of the Online Course for the sole purpose of completing the Online Course and / or attending the Taught Course.
Each party shall keep the other party’s Confidential Information strictly confidential and not use it otherwise than for the purposes of these terms and conditions, and shall return it on demand and not retain copies of it.
Either party may disclose Confidential Information to its legal and other advisors for the purposes of obtaining advice from them.
This clause shall continue notwithstanding termination of these terms and conditions.
We shall be entitled to terminate these terms and conditions and cease to provide you with any Services with immediate effect in the event that you:
- fail to pay when due your Fees;
- act in an aggressive, bullying, offensive, threatening or harassing manner towards any employee of CodingNomads, any teacher or lecturer who provides the course or any student who attends any CodingNomads course, event, lecture or forum;
- steal or act in fraudulent or deceitful manner towards us or our employees or any other students or representatives of CodingNomads;
- intentionally or recklessly damage our property or the property of our employees or other students attending our courses;
- commit any criminal offence committed on our premises or where the victim is our employee or student;
- are in breach of these terms and conditions.
On termination clause 11 (intellectual property rights), 12 (confidentiality), and 14 (liability) shall continue notwithstanding such termination.
The course host and organizers shall be held liable in the framework of a duty of care as a respectable businessman according to statutory provisions. The course host and organizers shall be liable regardless of the legal nature of the claim only in relation to willful acts or gross negligence. The course host’s and organizer’s liability is limited to the compensation of the direct damage; any liability for consequential damage is excluded. This course is intended to be an introduction course. It is not intended to be a professional certification course, nor intended to make students eligible for professional engineering work upon graduation. As such, this course does not include professional career development services, and CodingNomads is not responsible for helping student secure work after graduation. Professional career development services are available only to students enrolled in our full-time course.
We may assign, transfer, sub-contract any of our rights or obligations to any third party at our discretion.
If there is a determination of these Terms and Conditions to be ineffective or impracticable, then the validity of the remaining provisions shall in no way be affected. In such case the void and/or illegal provision shall be replaced by a valid provision, which comes as close as possible to its intended effect and best coincides with the purposes of this contract.
This Agreement will be governed by the law of the state of Wyoming in the United States of America, without giving effect to conflict of laws principles.
You can contact us by either of the following methods:
- “Confidential Information” means information provided by one party to the other in written, graphic, recorded, machine readable or other form concerning the business, clients, suppliers, finances and other areas of the other party’s business or products, including, without limitation, the Course Materials, but does not include information in the public domain other than through the default of the party disclosing the information, information required to be disclosed by any court or regulatory authority, or any information already in the possession or control of the disclosing party.
- “Course Materials” means the information provided by CodingNomads to accompany a course provided as part of the Services in hard copy or electronic form.
- “Fees” means the fees paid by you to CodingNomads for the Services.
- “Intellectual Property Rights” means copyright, rights in or relating to databases, patent rights, performers’ rights, designs and registered designs, trademarks, rights in or relating to Confidential Information and other intellectual property rights (registered or unregistered) throughout the world.
- “Online Course” means the delivery by us of an online course pursuant to which you learn course materials remotely.
- “Services” means the provision of the Online Course and/or the Course Materials together with such other services as agreed from time to time and purchased by you through the website, email or by telephone.
- “Website” covers all codingnomads.co domains
- “You”, and “student(s)” means the individual purchasing the Services.