Last updated: February 2020
CodingNomads LLC ("us", "we", or "our") operates https://codingnomads.co (the "Site"). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection And Use
We collect information about you directly from you. While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name, email address, phone number, desired course location, and more ("Personal Information").
How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you, including personal information, to:
- Provide our Services. We will use your information to provide our services to you; to facilitate scheduling; to manage your account; to respond to your inquiries; and for other customer service and support purposes. We use the payment information you provide to us in order to alert you of past, current, and upcoming charges, and to perform internal finance processes. In the event of a credit card dispute, we also share account information with your bank to verify the legitimacy of a charge.
- Promotional communications. Subject to your opt-out preference, we may send you emails about new product features or other news about CodingNomads or on topics we think would be relevant to you. You may opt out of receiving these communications at any time. Visit the Your Rights and Choices section below.
- Responding to your requests. We will also use your information to respond to your questions or comments.
- Administrative. We may contact you to inform you about changes in our services, our service offering and other important service related notices, such as changes to the Policy or about security or fraud notices.
- Advertising. Subject to your opt-out preferences, we may develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our services and other sites. See Your Rights and Choices below.
- Protecting Rights and Interests. We will use your information to protect our rights and interests as well as the rights and interests of our users and any other person, as well as to enforce this Policy or our Terms of Service.
- Legal Compliance. We may use your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including informal requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities.
- Other. We also may use your information to manage our business or perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection subject to your consent. Please read all online agreements carefully before accepting them.
With Whom We May Share Your Information
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated within this Policy or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared.
We will share information we collect about you, including personal information, in the following ways:
- With third party service providers, agents, or contractors. We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing services to you. For example, we may engage Service Providers to process credit card transactions or other payment methods. Or, we may engage Service Providers to provide services such as marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to provide customer service, to collect debts, and to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service). These Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information in order to provide these functions. In addition, some of the information we request may be collected by third party providers on our behalf. We require our Service Providers to agree to take reasonable steps to keep the personal information that we provide to them secure. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Business Transfers. We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy. In such transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if we sell or transfer a business unit or assets to another company, in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy proceeding, or as part of any other similar business transfer, you acknowledge that such transfers may occur.
- Aggregate or De-identified Information. We may disclose aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information about users for marketing, advertising, research, compliance, or other purposes.
Log Data and Use
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. Using these technologies helps us customize your experience with our Services, improve your experience, and tailor marketing messages. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information:
- Consent. We may use your personal information as described in this Policy subject to your consent. To withdraw your consent, please contact us at admin[at]codingnomads[dot]co. You may also refrain from providing, or withdraw, your consent for cookies. Please see Your Rights and Choices below for more information on opt-outs.
- Performance of a contract. We may need to collect and use your personal information, as applicable, to perform our contractual obligations.
- Legitimate Interests. We may use your personal information for our legitimate interests to provide our Platform and services and to improve our services and the content on our Platform. We process information on behalf of our customers who have legitimate interests in operating their businesses. We may use technical information as described in this Policy and use personal information for our marketing purposes consistent with our legitimate interests and any choices that we offer or consents that may be required under applicable law.
Your Rights and Choices
- Account. You may contact us to request information about the personal data we have collected from you and to request the correction, modification or deletion of such personal information. We will do our best to honor your requests subject to any legal and contractual obligations. If you would like to make a request, cancel your account or request we delete or no longer use your account information to provide you Services, contact us atadmin[at]codingnomads[dot]co. Subject to applicable law, we will retain and use your account information only as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
- E-mail. As described above, if you do not wish to receive promotional emails from us, you may opt out at any time by following the opt-out link contained in the email itself. Please note that it may take up to ten (10) days to process your request. Please also note that if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may continue to send to you service-related emails which are not available for opt-out. If you do not wish to receive any service-related emails from us, you have the option to deactivate your account.
- Cookies. You may also refrain from providing, or withdraw, your consent for cookies. Your browser’s help function should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time.
- Third Party Analytics Services. Some of the services used provide the ability to opt-out. You may opt-out of Google Analytics’ and Mixpanel’s services using Opt-Out Features on their respective websites.The Google Analytics service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out from Google Analytics service from using your information by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser tool: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: www.google.com/policies/privacy.
- Additional Rights. Subject to local law, you may have additional rights under the laws of your jurisdiction regarding your personal data, such as the right to complain to your local data protection authority.
Users Outside the USA
Our application and database servers are located with Amazon Cloud Services in the United States. Amazon Cloud Services has certified with the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles under the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield frameworks. If you are an individual located in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, Canada or another jurisdiction outside of the United States with laws and regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please be aware that information we collect (including through the use of methods such as cookies and other web technologies) will be processed and stored in the United States or in other countries where we or our third-party services providers have operations. By submitting your personal information to CodingNomads, you expressly consent to having your personal data transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States or another jurisdiction which may not offer the same level of privacy protection as those in the country where you reside or are a citizen.
California Do Not Track Disclosures
CodingNomads is subject to the changes from CalOPPA, including the requirement to post the Do Not Track disclosure. CodingNomads website does not respond to the Do Not Track Disclosures, but you can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page. There you can also opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that we collected using Mailchimp and ContactForm7. We promise not to sell your personal information to third parties, and will only use them for communications from CodingNomads.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links To Other Sites
The CodingNomads website may link to other websites outside our control or ownership. Any access to and use of such linked websites and applications is not governed by this Policy but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties. We do not endorse these parties, their content, or any products and services they offer, and we do not endorse these parties, their content, or any products and services they offer, and we are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites or applications. Users are advised to read the Privacy Policies of each website they visit.